You must create an account before you can access the APIs.
These are the steps you’ll use to set up an account for the Groovy Guitars website:
- Generate a token. See Authentication and Authorization.
- Construct an account request. Build an account request by specifying your username, email address, authentication token from the previous step, and other information to create your unique account.
- Post an account request. Use Postman to post the account request to the Arizona Groovy Guitars website. The system processes your request and creates your account. You’ll receive an email notification after the system creates the account.
- Create a password to access the site. Use the website “Lost Password” feature to generate a password.
- Log in to your account.
These steps give you general access to the site. The site administrator can give you additional website permissions.
Constructing Account Requests
To request an account to the Groovy Guitars website, you must construct and post a request like the one shown in the following example:
This table highlights the parameters shown in the example:
|Your email address
|Token value you generated in the previous section
|Your display name
|Used if the site does use SSL.
To construct your request, you may want to paste the example above into a text editor and replace the parameter values as needed. Do not enter any spaces between the equal signs and your parameter values.
You’ll use your unique request URL in the next section.
Note: You’ll notice at the end of the request, there is a parameter insecure=cool. This denotes that the request has no security and that you’re aware and okay with that.
Posting Account Requests
To post the account request to the Groovy Guitars website, you’ll use Postman. This example shows the My Workspace in Postman.
To post the request, change the method from GET to POST, by selecting POST from the drop-down list. Then enter the URL you created in the last section into the Enter request URL field, and click the Send button.
When the post is successful, Postman displays a message like this one:
After you make the post request, the Groovy Guitars website processes the request and creates your account. You’ll receive an email notification when the system has created your account.
To post an account request:
- Open Postman.
- Open or create a Workspace.
- From the method drop-down list, select POST.
- In the Enter request URL field, enter the URL you created in the previous section. For example:
If you are cutting and pasting from a text editor, be sure to remove any extra spaces or line returns.
- Click the Send button.
Postman displays a success response at the bottom of the page. If you get an error, check your request URL to make sure there are no extra spaces, and try again.
After your account is created, you’ll need to create a password before you can log in. For this step, use the WordPress “Lost Password” feature.
To create a password:
- Go to groovyguitars.com.
- Click Lost your password? at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your email address and click the Get New Password button.
The system sends a password reset link to your email address. It may take a few minutes to receive the notification. Follow the instructions for resetting your password.
Logging in to Your Account
To log in to your Groovy Guitars account:
- Go to groovyguitars.com.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Log In.
- In the Username field, enter the username you defined in your account request URL.
- In the Password field, enter the password you created using the Lost Password feature.
- Click the Log In button.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, click Groovy Guitars API.